I purchase a pre-paid funeral plan?
Not always an easy decision – simply because
it is not always easy to think or talk about. Here are some basic
facts to consider. They may help you to make up your mind:
- Would you rather think once now and then forget it, or keep
coming back to the problem?
- Putting your funeral wishes in your Will is NOT binding upon
your executors – they do not have to carry out your wishes.
- Often, relatives just don’t know what the deceased wanted
– probably because people naturally ‘put off’
talking about it.
- A funeral plan guarantees that your wishes will be carried out,
and that the services of a first class funeral director will be
paid for at no extra cost to your family.
- The price of a funeral plan is in line with the cost of a funeral
purchased today. Funeral costs are unlikely to go down!
- Savings in a Bank or Building Society or insurance is just a
sum of money. It need not be spent on your funeral and it is impossible
to know if it will be enough.
- Your money is safe. It is held in the Funeral Planning Trust
by HSBC Trust Company (UK) Limited as custodian trustee.
- You can choose a funeral to suit your requirements – prices
range from under £2000 to around £2600, or you can
pay by instalments if you wish.
- You will receive a guarantee certificate and, if you wish, all
your personal requirements such as religious requirements, gifts
to charities in lieu of flowers, music etc. will be specified.
You also receive a booklet which sets out all that your next of
kin or executors need to know at the time of your funeral.
- At a time of sadness, you will have relieved your family of
financial and emotional burdens – and those you leave behind
will remember your thoughtfulness.
For further details on plans and prices, Freephone or E-mail